Jae Stephens "Audacity" to release such a superb album + mini Q&A

 


Let's talk Jae Stephens debut album "Audacity" that released this past friday. As I lay in my bed jamming out, my hips are moving! If I had to describe this album in a few words I'd say fierce,Y2K, fun, and layered. There's a little bit of everything in "Audacity" while Jae still keeps her personal style which I really enjoy. To be a self writing and producing artist will never fail to amaze me. The production stands out to me like you ever hear songs where you  hear something new with each listen? That's how I'm feeling while hearing "Audacity".  Overall, this was a great debut album!! My favs currently are "Soft Side", "The Distance" "Downhill" and " B4U"  if I MUST choose but all are a vibe.  This album lowkey BRATZ coded as well hehe


I got the opportunity to ask Jae Stephen a question at her press conference. I decided to see how well she knew the fans.

Ja'Nasia (Me) : Are you ever surprised by the songs that became fan favorites and which ones are still being discovered?

Jae Stephen: No, i'm not surprised. I know what the people want! I do have even the poll ..the poll where I made people "vote" for their next candidate of the single. I knew which one they were going to gravitate towards. It started winning and then the opposing side hated that they were losing and they rigged the votes. I think I knew .. when I made "Afterbody" I knew.. I think we have that kind of shared understanding taste and that's something that I love about the Jae base is that we see each other , we come from that similar place . So, I'm definitely not surprised by it . I'm not surprise by the fan favorites BUT I am surprised by the deep cuts that they love. I'm like "OH.. I like that too I didn't realize that was going to have so many sh**ters" they're very vocal.


Thank you Jae and °1824 for the time and opportunity ! 

Listen to "AUDACITY" 


Follow the *NEW* official instagram 


View this profile on Instagram

WHOSEMELODY (@whosemelody) • Instagram photos and videos

Comments